client rights and responsibilities
skip to content
We recognize you have rights while a patient receiving speech therapy. In return, there are responsibilities for certain
behavior on your part as the patient.
Your Rights and Responsibilities Include:
- Receive information about rights, patient conduct and responsibilities.
- Be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- Be provided appropriate personal privacy.
- Receive care in a safe setting.
- Be free from all forms of abuse, neglect or harassment.
- Exercise his or her rights without being subject to discrimination or reprisal with impartial access to medical treatment or accommodations,
regardless of race, national origin, religion, physical disability, or source of payment.
- Voice complaints and grievances, without reprisal.
- A prompt and reasonable response to questions and requests.
- Receive a copy of a reasonably clear and understandable, itemized bill and, upon request, to have charges explained.
A patient is responsible for
- Accept personal financial responsibility for any charges not covered by his/her insurance.
- Following the treatment plan recommended by his/her speech therapist.
- Be respectful of all the therapists and staff, as well as other patients.
- His/her actions if he/she refuses to follow the therapists instructions.
- Keeping appointments.
We want to provide you with excellent service, including answering your questions and responding to your concerns.
You may also choose to contact the licensing agency of the state,
Texas Department of State Health Services
PO Box 149347, Austin, TX 78714-9347